Vessel or barge, operating in open sea, with a considerable storing capacity (up to Capesize) able to discharge barges and concurrently loading Ocean Going Vessels or, alternatively, to store cargo in the holds.
Logistic project highlights
Draft limitation case.
- The draft of receiving port/terminal of the goods in bulk ( iron ore, coal, bauxite etc) is limited to 12,5 meters S.W.
- Conventional Panamaxes cannot enter the port in fully laden conditions
- Average loss of cargo about 10.000 MT per vessel
- Annual quantity received 4.000.000 MT
- About 67 Panamaxes per year (abt 60.000 MT each)
- A vessel every 5.5 days abt (high possibility of congestion)
- Freight savings
- About 57 Panamaxes per year (abt 70.000 MT each)
- A vessel every 6.5 days
- Increased port efficiency (lower number of days required at berth)
- Reduction of demurrages costs
- Lightened quantity discharged concurrently with Panamax vessel or during idle period